We deal with a large number of 'medical' cases (as opposed to surgical) at Donnington Grove. We have a number of vets with an interest in varying branches of equine medicine and Nicole Nelson has the RCVS Certificate in Equine Medicine.
Our hospital facilities enable us to look after critically ill horses and our on-site laboratory provides us with rapid and accurate diagnostic results to modify their treatment as required. We also have an isolation block for horses with potentially contagious diseases.
We see many cases, falling into the following broad categories:
- Infectious diseases (e.g. Flu, Strangles, diarrhoea)
- Dermatology (e.g. sweet itch, rain scald, ringworm)
- Endocrinology (e.g. Cushing's disease)
- Ophthalmology (e.g. ulcers, uveitis)
- Cardiology (e.g. atrial fibrillation, AV block)
- Respiratory conditions (RAO, lung abscesses)
- Weight loss and other metabolic problems (e.g. laminitis, ragwort poisoning)
Pdf links to:
- Poor Performance