Hospital services and facilities
The clinic provides a comprehensive back up for our clinicians in the field. If a more thorough investigation of your horse is required, then the clinic has been purpose built to allow us to follow the most appropriate path to a full diagnosis and treatment.
- Lamenesses will normally be worked up through a series of regional and intra-articular nerve blocks, before deciding the most useful viewing modality to ascertain the exact cause.
- Radiography, Ultrasound, Scintigraphy and Magnetic Resonance Imaging may be used in isolation or combination to confirm a diagnosis and provide the necessary information for treatment and long term prognosis.
- Colic cases will be worked up systematically at the clinic, with careful monitoring of a variety of parameters to gauge the need for pain relief and treatment.
- Surgery cases are admitted if possible on the day prior to their operation to allow them to settle and have a full work up of pre-anaesthetic checks.
- Medical work ups, Gastroscopy, Cardiology cases can all be examined on either an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Intensive care cases will take preference over any elective admissions, and will be provided with 24 hour veterinary and nursing care from our clinic based team.